Water in your home is a big deal. You ask your kids to turn it off when they’re done so as not to waste it. You use it all the time, whether it is for running your dishwasher, cooking, doing a load or two of laundry or showering. You know how important water is because you and your family depend on it every day. If you are using something that often, shouldn’t it be the best possible quality?
A water softeners lower the levels of magnesium, iron and calcium in your water by removing those minerals and replacing them with sodium and potassium ions. Using a water softener system can cut back your expenses and have multiple health benefits for everyone in your home. Opt for an environmentally friendly salt-free softener instead of salt-based softener for extra positive impacts. Here are a few of Warner’s favorite benefits of having a water softener in your home:
- Using a water softener extends the life of your appliances, including coffeemakers, showerheads, dishwashers, washing machines and sinks as well as your pipes and plumbing. This saves you money on replacements, bills and repairs in the long run.
- The lives of your clothing, silverware and glassware will be extended. Using a water softener causes laundry to come out cleaner, brighter and whiter, and dishes to come out shinier due to the lack of hard minerals stiffening.
- You and your family will can enjoy softer skin and hair. Water softeners allow soaps, shampoos and conditioners to lather up and rinse off easier. It also does not clog your pores like hard water, which allows your skin’s natural oils to surface. You will also experience less razor burn. All of this means you save money by purchasing detergents, lotions and other shower essentials less often.
- Water softeners make cleaning easier because it eliminates the scale, soap scum and mineral deposits from iron on faucets and fixtures around your house. It also rids your piping of the unnecessary acids in hard water, which helps with the usual corrosion and cloudiness.
- You will save money on your natural gas and heating bills because water softeners reduce the scale-forming compounds that can build up in your hot water tank. A cleaner tank means more hot water for less energy, and also eventually leads to carbon footprint and greenhouse gas reductions. In fact, the difference is so significant that using a water softener in your home for a year is equivalent to removing one SUV from the road for a year.
- The soft water that will be readily available for you and your family to drink decreases the chances of illness from hard minerals, arsenic and composites. It also indirectly improves the quality of your tap water. This will also save you money on purchasing bottled water. You also can make more flavorful beverages, meals and baked goods due to the lack of dirt, silt, clay and other types of sediments typically found in hard water.
- Water softeners help rid your home of the chlorine and hydrogen sulfide odors, which tend to leave a lingering rotten egg smell.
We know what you are thinking: My family and I have survived on hard water for this long. Why would I begin using a soft water system? If the above reasons did not convince you, remember that you and your family deserve the best quality of water possible. Contact Warner Service today to help you decide which type of water softener is best for your home’s needs. Once you are settled on salt-based or salt-free softening system (and possibly the addition of a water bypass valve system), we would be happy to assist in its installation.